The ultimate test of body and mind in England’s glorious Lake District. Think lush green hills, stretching vistas, dramatic weather and sheep. Lots of sheep. Get your fill of fresh air with our exhilarating run and hike adventure.
TOTAL DISTANCE: 21km
ELEVATION GAIN: 1,253m
Outdoor Yoga & More
The IGO Feast
9 – 11 August 2019
Arrive and transfer to camp
Registration, briefing and lunch
Warm up: 10km hike/run into camp
Campfire chilli and bed
Breakfast in camp
The IGO England Challenge: hike/run
Evening celebrations in camp
Breakfast in camp
Transfers to train station
Experiences in Camp
Afternoon – mountain bike activity from camp
Evening – bushcraft & survival skills workshop
Outdoor mindful yoga
‘Burn Bathing’ (washing in nature)
NB: Some activities will be run on a first come, first served basis
Local acoustic music
Wild outdoor cooking
The IGO Feast
- Return transfers from Oxenholme train station
- 2 nights accommodation in bell tents (based on 4 sharing) including memory foam mattresses
- Full board. Locally sourced, organic food from Friday lunchtime to Sunday breakfast inclusive
- Wilderness skills and bushcraft workshop
- Event-specific training plan
- Fully signposted & supported route
- Medical and physio support
- Timing tracker (Competitors)
- Walking guide & sweeper as backstop
- Activities in camp
- Traditional music & entertainment
- Celebratory beer at the finish line on Saturday
- Technical t-shirt and welcome pack
- Finishers medal and wristband
- Transport to Oxenholme train station
- Personal equipment inc. sleeping bag and clothing (see kit list for full details)
- Travel insurance specific to location and disciplines (obligatory)
- Drinks at camp bar on Saturday night (cash only)
- IGO England cap - available to purchase at the event
Recommended airport: Manchester (transfers NOT provided)nnRecommended train station: Oxenholme (transfers provided)nTransfer leaves station at 11:30amnTransfer returns to station at 12:00pmnnMaking your own way? The meeting point for event is the IGO base camp – Great Langdale at 12:30pm.nnNB: We encourage you to be as environmentally friendly as possible with your choice of travel. Please note car parking is limited at the event meeting points. nnTimings broken down: London to Oxenholme by train is c. 2 hrs 45 mins. Oxenholme station to camp is c. 45 mins by road.
Stage 1: Run and hike over 4 mountains, 21 km total distance. With a total elevation gain of 1,253m.nMountain 1: BowfellnMountain 2: Esk PikenMountain 3: Broad CragnMountain 4: Scafell PikennNB: All IGO Weekend Challenge routes are designed so that the distance, the elevation gain and the disciplines ensure that the quickest IGOer would finish in around 4 hours and the seasonal hiker pace would finish in around 7- 8 hours.
The accommodation is alway comfortable – we aren’t promising “glamping” but there will be carpets on the floor and a mattress to sleep on!
You don’t need to worry about this – there will be support all the way and if you really can’t finish we will get you back to camp safely.
The tents are comfortable bell tents and each one comfortably fits 4 people. Unless you come as a group of 4 and take over one tent, individuals are split up into single-sex tents at random. They are each equipped with a mattress, rug and storm lanterns . The communal areas consist of 2 larger tents for food, yoga and other activities or talks (weather depending) as well as the stand-alone physio and sports massage tent. There will be 1 or more campfires with bales of straw for seats that create the focal point of camp.nnThere are portable toilets a short walk from the main camp area. We position the location of camp to be as wild as possible which makes it difficult to bring showers into camp but we are always near natural washing facilities eg a burn, a loch, a lake, a river.
There are porta loos a short walk from the main camp area. We position the location of camp to be as wild as possible which makes it difficult to bring showers into camp but we are always near natural washing facilities eg a burn, a loch, a lake, a river.
High. They grow naturally in this part of England!
Everyone has their own Everest, pinpointing the difficulty is hard in itself! Each IGO route is designed to take people between 4-8 hrs. One thing we can guarantee is that there will be some lows and some amazing highs!