Morocco’s Atlas Mountains separate the Mediterranean and Atlantic coastlines from the Sahara desert. Conquer the dramatic vistas as you mountain bike, run and hike through the landscape and cosy up beneath incredible Berber tents at night, sampling the best of local hospitality.
DISCIPLINES: Hike/Run, Bike
TOTAL DISTANCE: 58km
ELEVATION GAIN: 2,100m
The IGO Feast & More
11 – 13 October 2019
Arrive Marrakech and transfer to Agafay Desert
Registration, briefing and lunch
The IGO Morocco Challenge Stage 1: mountain bike into camp
Campfire, dinner and bed
Breakfast in camp
The IGO Morocco Challenge Stage 2: hike/run
Evening celebrations in camp
Breakfast in camp
Yoga and hike out of camp
Transfers to Marrakech Airport
Experiences in Camp
Outdoor mindful yoga
Local acoustic music
The IGO Feast
- Return transfers from Marrakech Airport
- 2 nights accommodation in canvas tents (based on 4 sharing) including memory foam mattresses
- Full board. Locally sourced, organic food from Friday lunchtime to Sunday breakfast inclusive
- Wilderness skills and bushcraft workshop
- Event-specific training plan
- Fully signposted & supported route
- Medical and physio support
- Timing tracker (Competitors)
- Walking guide & sweeper as backstop
- Activities in camp
- Mountain bikes for the Challenge (participants can bring their own)
- Traditional music & entertainment
- Celebratory drink at the finish line on Saturday
- Technical t-shirt and welcome pack
- Finishers medal and wristband
- Transport to Marrakech
- Personal equipment inc. sleeping bag and clothing (see kit list for full details)
- Travel insurance specific to location and disciplines (obligatory)
- Drinks at camp bar on Saturday night (cash only)
- IGO Morocco cap - available to purchase at the event
Recommended airport: Marrakech (transfers provided)
Transfer leaves airport Friday 12pm (exact location details will be provided nearer the time)
Transfer returns to airport Sunday at 12:30pm
Making your own way? Meeting point is at Marrakech airport on Friday at 12pm.
Timings broken down: Amizmiz which is the start of the bike stage is 60 mins south by road from Marrakech airport.
No – we will provide mountain bikes and helmets. You can of course bring your own bike and / or helmet if you wish but you are responsible for transporting these to and from Morocco. If you are planning on doing this please let us know.
Yes, in Morocco we have showers in camp. We can’t always guarantee the water will be hot – but even a quick rinse is welcome in this environment!
In a beautiful camp with typical canvas tents under the stars.
The tents are comfortable Moroccan canvas tents and each one comfortably fits 4 people. Unless you come as a group of 4 and take over one tent, individuals are split up into single-sex tents at random. They are each equipped with a mattress, rug and storm lanterns. The communal areas consist of 2 larger tents for food, yoga and other activities or talks (weather depending) as well as the stand-alone physio and sports massage tent. There will be 1 or more campfires with bales of straw for seats that create the focal point of camp.nnThere are portable toilets a short walk from the main camp area. We position the location of camp to be as wild as possible.
IGO will provide your main meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sometimes this will be freeze dried food and sometimes tagines. It is up to you to bring personal snacks, energy bars and electrolytes to supplement your meals on the course. Don’t bring chocolate – it will melt in the Moroccan heat!
Morocco in October can be hot – up to 28C – so it is essential to ensure that you have the right clothing that will not only keep you cool but also protect you from the sun. We also recommend a 3 litre CamelBak so that you are carrying sufficient water. There will also be water stations on the route where you can top up.